Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Raw Food Challenge

I heard that it takes 21 days to break a habit.  Now I don't know how true this is, but it seems pretty believable to me!  

On another note I have been thinking about doing a cleanse for the past month.  I read up on a bunch of different ones and looked at the pros and cons.  My research told me that you experience drastic highs and lows from basically starving yourself and then drinking the sugar packed juice.  

That wasn't what I was trying to accomplish.  

The whole reason I wanted to try a cleanse was to change the way and things that I eat.  I try to eat organic and healthy foods, but it doesn't happen often enough.  

So, I decided to come up with my own "cleanse" if you will.  I'm calling it the 21 day raw food challenge.  I am going to eat all natural and preferably organic foods for 21 days.  I am going to cook and not eat out and when I say cook I mean not from a box or can.  

This is not going to be easy, but I am prepared for the challenge. Also, I am excited! I am hoping that I am going to learn how to cook better and that I will get to experience yummy new foods! 

I am going to keep this updated on my progress, so I keep on track! 

What I made today: Sweet and Sour Chicken
It was sooo good! I am off to a great start!



No comments:

Post a Comment