Thursday, April 5, 2012

Digital Art

One of my classes this quarter is a digital manipulation course.  When I registered for the class I thought it would just be a course on how to use Photoshop or other digital tools, but it turns out it is a lot more than that.  While I am learning all of the Photoshop skills, it is also about creating digital art.
  
Now, let me start by saying I love art.  I really enjoy going to museums or just being creative and artistic in general.  So the class combines the two, it should be great right?  Well.. turns out it is a lot harder than I expected.  My professor has such high expectations, she practically thinks we should be professional artists.  Not to mention I don't think she was impressed when I told her I was a Communication major. 

Our first project that we have been working on is a digital self portrait, but not of ourselves, of objects.  It has been taking me forever and I still don't like it.  On the bright side my Photoshop skills are getting immensely better and I have been learning a lot! 

Hopefully the class gets easier and my project comes together! 

Here is what I have so far: 


If I like it enough, I will post the final product when it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment